Physically locating Porcinos was a bit tricky with a little grit and tenacity, anything is possible. It’s sitting on the ground level of what appears to be an office. There is free parking in the garage for restaurant customers and stairs to access the place were conveniently accessible from the garage. Walking into Porcinos for Dirty Santa Brunch, couldn’t have been more thrilling. I invited 3 friends to join in on the action. Sitting at the table was an array of beautiful melanin and Coffee (@coffeethafoodie), the host and good friend, was happily greeting her guests as they walked in. She’s such an awesome soul, check her out on Instagram.
Porcinos space was beautiful. A full bar that offered awesome drinks like Whiskey Tea (the house specialty that Coffee crafted) and mimosas. Seafood bowls, variations of tacos, chicken and waffles, snow crab Mac and cheese, omelettes, cheese boards, dips and more flooded our section. Food feasting! Everything was tasty and plates were spotless as if they arrived to the table freshly cleaned. The restaurant was very open with plenty of seats and dim lighting- a romantic setting. It made for a great photo session. Conversing with all the ladies (and 3 gents) over drinks was awesome; a great event to network and socialize.
After dinner, Dirty Santa was the main focus. Check out the rules below:
• Everyone draws a number from a hat (or bowl or basket) – numbered 1 through however many are participating. The person with #1 starts the game. Let’s start the game…
• #1 selects a gift from the pile (after much thought and deliberation), opens it, and shows it to everyone.
• #2 can choose to steal #1’s gift (aka “Dirty Santa”) or pick from the pile. This continues with each person having the chance to steal or choose a wrapped gift. The stealing and scheming now begins to erupt along with lots of laughter.
• A gift can be stolen more than once but generally no more than 3 times and only once per turn. If your gift is stolen, you can’t steal it right back. You have to steal another gift or choose from the pile. Don’t forget about the awesome gifts that just may be hiding hoping you’ll forget they’re still in play!
• One variation, each participant can only be stolen from three times at which point they are out of the game and the gift they’re left holding is theirs to keep unless they want to steal or choose an unwrapped gift.
• When there are no more unwrapped gifts, typically the person who drew #1 is allowed one more turn. However, they can only steal a gift. If they choose not to steal and keep the one they have, the game is over. If they decide to steal then the game continues until someone wants to keep their gift.
Sooooo needless to say, I pulled #1. My first gift I picked was awesome, a makeup kaboodle with personalized text (made by Kennedy Cricut Creations) but I had 22 more gifts to view before I could make up my mind.
Check out the gift I bought. It got stolen before the original owner of the gift made it to her seat.
And in the end I ended up stealing an Amazon Dot! Alexa, play I Won…
Thanks Coffee for hosting an awesome event!